- 2 tablespoons dried cherries or currants *
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar *
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar *
- 2 tablespoons honey *
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil *
- 2 bunches Tuscan kale (about 1 pound) washed, with stems removed, leaves roughly torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, lightly toasted *
- Parmesan cheese shavings *
*When making this salad, especially the dressing, I tend to eyeball the amounts instead of actually measuring them out. I find that it always comes out slightly different and I always make it to taste, but the amounts above are a good starting point. I am also big into toppings, so I tend to add more of the almonds, cherries and parm.
- Place the kale into a large bowl
- Whisk together all of the wet ingredients in small bowl
- Add the almonds and cherries (or currants) into the kale bowl
- Pour the dressing over the kale and mix thoroughly. Let marinate at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Before serving, mix in the parmesan cheese and squeeze the juice from about half or so of a lemon (again to your taste and liking)